Wednesday, August 1, 2012

New "Worst Way" video by Skuba

Usually I don't blog about my work, but the end result was just so much more amazing than I could've imagined that I have to share it with you all, on top of a little bit of a behind the scenes back story.

So originally, we were called on set to finished the 2nd half for Skuba's song "Out of my Head" with Erk the Jerk, but a year later after finally getting everything together to finish the video up, turned out Erk couldn't make it to the set due to scheduling conflicts. Since THAT fell through, they took out all the make up work my friend April & I did on the ladies for that shoot & this was the end result for that one:

Pete Paduano & Garett Franz (aka directing duo the Young Gunz) still managed to make a great video, but I was sad that only our touch up work on Skuba & Erk made the final cut lol.

I get on set & get word that Erk wasn't making it & instead we are shooting footage for Skuba's song "Worst Way"; I get warned about its raunchy nature. On set I was a little upset & feeling guilty that I was working on something that I am so against: the objectification of females. I was apologized to in advance by Pete & G and they're my friends, so I couldn't leave them hanging.
Everyone on set was lovely, though. Good people, good times. They all treated me well & were understanding that there was only one of me (I was the only person they had doing make up) & were realistic with time.

I love to work with Pete & G because not only are they good people who are understandable & a pleasure to work with, but they always deliver AMAZING end products. I've always told them whenever they need someone to do make up to hit me up.

So as the day turned into night & it was getting closer to wrapping time, I get with the cinematographer Ben & we both teamed up quick style for the dayglow make up. He gave me direction on what he wanted & we both executed the looks; the faces were all me. Those lips with the dayglow was just HEAVENLY!! The whole time we were shooting the glow in the dark scene, I kept getting exciting cuz it was just a visual party!! All the guilt I felt inside, it was kind of worth it when I saw how beautiful my work came out.
I love Skuba, he's a funny guy, and in this video, it totally made sense; he's in a way making a mockery of the whole fact that rappers take it seriously & talk about bitches & hoes & think they're pimps, disrespecting women & all. I heard that in part 2, there's some revenge. We shall see what the revenge is. For now, enjoy part 1. I can't stress it enough, I am SO proud of my work; Paul & G aka the Young Gunz, are AMAZING!!




No comments:

Post a Comment